If you're a Leftie, then Left-Hander's Day is just for you!
The world is built for right-handers. Examples are everywhere. For example:
- In school, have you ever seen a left-handed desk? They don't exist.
- Many left-handed items cost more.
- Novelty coffee mugs are made with the picture or text for a right-handed pick-up.
- Scissors are for right-handers. Only a lefty would understand this.
- The computer mouse you are using as you read this is designed for right-handers.
Did you Know? Right-handed people operate in the left side of the brain. Left-handed people use the right side. Therefore, only left-handed people are in their right mind.
Remember today and every day: "Lefties have rights!"
As lefthanders, we never do anything right....kewl!
Left-Handed Facts and Trivia:
- Sinistrophobia is the fear of left-handedness or things on the left side.
- While many people are left-handed, very few are 100% left-handed. For example, many Left-handers golf and bat right-handed. On the other hand, there is a high percentage of righties who are 100% right-handed.
- Lefties are also called "southpaws". The term was coined in baseball to describe a left-handed pitcher.
- Tuesdays are Lefties luck day.
- Only about 10% of the population is left-handed.
- During the 1600's people, thought left-handers were witches and warlocks.
- International Left-Hander's Day was first celebrated on August 13, 1976. It was started by Lefthander's International.
- It is believed that all polar bears are left-handed. Also see Polar Bear Day.
- There is a rumor that octopuses have but one right hand. Scientists are diligently studying this issue.
Think about it: Everyone is a Left-Hander in Left Hand, West Virginia.
Lefthander's Slogan: "Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it". ...Brilliant Author unknown
Life Span of Lefties versus Righties: It's the same says Dr. Dave and Dr. Dee